Plastic resin pellets are small granules generally with shape of a cylinder or a disk with a diameter of a few mm. These plastic particles are industrial raw material transported to manufacturing sites where “user plastics” are made by re-melting and molding into the final products.
Types of resin
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) pellets
- Low-density polyethylene (LDP) pellets
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) pellets
- Polypropylene (PP) pellets
- Polystyrene pellets
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC and vinyl) pellets
- Polyethylene terephthalate (PET, PETE) pellets
What is PVC ?
Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) is one of the most commonly used thermoplasticpolymers in the world.PVC is produced in two general forms, first as a rigid or unplasticized polymer (RPVC or uPVC), and second as a flexible plastic. Flexible PVC is commonly used in construction as insulation on electrical wires or in flooring for homes, hospitals, schools, and other areas where a sterile environment is a priority, and in some cases as a replacement for rubber. Rigid PVC is also used in construction as pipe for plumbing. PVC pipe is often referred to by its “schedule”. schedules include things like wall thickness, pressure rating, and color.